Welcome to my new Blog!
I wish everyone the best health, the strength to make your dreams come true and the tiny bit of luck we all need once in a while to enjoy the unexpected!
I celebrate the beginning of 2015 with a new blog!
Comfy, Cosy, … Living
Let’s create Paradise!
Last year I started my first blogging experience. I thought I was quite the expert when it came down to cooking. And I must admit, it’s true … I am a pretty good kitchen queen … as long as I have recipes and cook books. When it comes down to being creative, I have learned that there are lots of blogger colleagues who are far more creative then I am. But I love blogging and meeting new likeminded people among the blogging community. That’s why I had to rethink my Blog adventure.
From my previous blog “Essenzfertig”, I learned three important facts:
- I miss reading and writing in English. Born and raised in Belgium, I was taught that languages are a struggle to learn, but once captured they’re an absolute treasure. I want to submerge in foreign languages and cultures. I was raised by anglophile parents. So from early on in my life, English was my second language. Ever since I came to Germany, the English language became almost, I’m afraid to say, redundant. And I miss it! Not to speak or hear English almost makes me feel homesick. So the new blog had to be in English!!
- Although my creativity in the kitchen has room for development, creativity is a sanity saving pillar in my life. My daytime job (Insurance, believe it or not!) is very strict and compliance driven. I need to be creative in my spare time, to balance this out. My daughter, Charlotte, is the best excuse to experiment with knitting needles, a sewing machine and seasonal decorations. My husband Peter, on the other hand, is my creativity engine for kitchen and garden.
- Blogging is not just reading and writing. I discovered a whole new world: Social Media became more transparent, IT and Web design are no longer a foreign language (although I still need to learn much much more) and my private life has a whole new perspective: I will be learning and developing myself for the rest of my life!
These facts combined lead to my new blog: A home and self-made paradise, where we as a family are comfy and cosy. We are LIVING!
So let’s kick of 2015 with a toast.
In December we received the invitation to celebrate old & new with our neighbour friends. They’re always good for a theme party. This year’s Theme: Black & White with a twist. The twist being cocktails. If that isn’t an invitation!! Each couple should prepare one cocktail for the party crew. I have to admit, I was afraid for major headaches. Mixing various sorts of cocktails.
When it comes to cocktails, there is one that is my absolute favourite. It’s very traditional and a classic, but with a very personal story. And the story goes: My husband and I met drinking Mojito’s. End of 2015 we celebrate our 10th anniversary. And in these 10 years we never drank a Mojito by ourselves. We only drink Mojito’s in each other’s company. That’s romance for you! And to give the story an extra happy ending: He proposed in the same bar where we first kissed, over a virgin Mojito. Our daughter was the reason for the “virgin” Mojito.
So you see, 2015 will be a party year. That’s why I raise my glass and post this recipe:
- 1½ limes, cut into wedges
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 2½ tsp granulated sugar
- handful ice
- 65ml/2½fl oz white rum
- sparkling water
- fresh mint sprig, to garnish
- Put the limes, mint and sugar into a highball glass and mash with the end of a clean rolling pin, to bruise the mint and release the lime juice.
- Add the ice and pour over the rum.
- Add the sparkling water and stir well.
- Finish of with mint sprig and serve.
A toast to the love of my life, the biggest reason for my happiness; to Peter and our Mojito’s.
A toast to my new blog: Comfy, Cosy, … Living! I hope to enspire you, be enspired by your comments and I hope we’ll have lots of fun together!
A toast to all, I wish a Happy New Year!!
How did you spend New Year’s Eve?