Welcome to my blog, welcome at Comfy Cosy, … Living (CCL). This is where I collect everything that makes me happy, everything that makes my home into the paradise I need to relax, find my focus, meet friends, raise my daughter and to live. That’s why I create cosiness, that’s why I like it comfortable … that’s why I live!
Last year I started my first blogging experience. I thought I was quite the expert when it came down to cooking. And I must admit, it’s true … I am a pretty good kitchen queen … as long as I have recipes and cook books. When it comes down to being creative, I have learned that there are lots of blogger colleagues who are far more creative then I am. But I love blogging and meeting new likeminded people among the blogging community. That’s why I had to rethink my Blogadventure.
From my previous blog “Essenzfertig”, I learned three important facts:
- I miss reading and writing in english. Born and raised in Belgium, I was taught that languages are a struggle to learn, but once captured they’re an absolute treasure. I want to submurge in foreign languages and cultures. I was raised by anglophile parents. So from early on in my life, english was my second language. Ever since I came to Germany, the english language became almost, I’m afraid to say, redundant. And I miss it! Not to speak or hear english almost makes me feel homesick. So the new blog had to be in english!!
- Although my creativity in the kitchen has room for development, creativity is a sanity saving pilar in my life. My daytime job (Insurance, believe it or not!) is very strict and compliance driven. I need to be creative in my spare time, to balance this out. My daughter, Charlotte, is the best excuse to experiment with knitting needles, a sewing machine and seasonal decorations. My husband Peter, on the other hand, is my creativity engine for kitchen and garden.
- Blogging is not just reading and writing. I discovered a whole new world: Social Media became more transparent, IT and Webdesign are no longer a foreign language (although I still need to learn much much more) and my private life has a whole new perspective: I will be learning and developping myself for the rest of my life!
These facts combined lead to my blog: A home and self made paradise, where we as a family are comfy and cosy. We are LIVING!
Hi, I’m Caroline. But please, call me Caro! What’s there to tell about myself?
-36 years old
- born in Antwerp (Belgium), enjoyed my single life in London and found family happiness in the north of Germany
- The proudest mum of Charlotte (9)
- Language freak (unfortunately dyslectic, so forgive the odd spelling mistake); speaking, reading and writing Flemish, Dutch, French, German and English. Please feel free to contact me if you wish to have a post translated.
- What I love? Everything you read in this blog!
-Very important to know for this blog: Due to a fungi-allergy, you will never read mushroom recipes here. Sorry!
- Life goal: to be inspired and to inspire others.
So take a break, a cup of coffee and have a cosy look around, sign up for the newsletter:
Let me share with you what thrives me and let me know what inspires you. Comments and emails might grow into worldwide friendships!
Have fun and enjoy … I will too
See those happy feet? That’s me at my happiest: barefoot on the freshly cut lawn.